If you found this page informative please tell others by clicking the +1
You may already have seen on our Thermal Page that Permadeck & Thermadeck can be
used for ultra low U-value roof designs, however, Zero Carbon designs are totally
different and Permadeck is also ideally suited.
Low U-values stop heat being lost but Zero Carbon Permadeck roofs GENERATE power
or CAPTURE heat with Renewable Energy Systems (RES).
Zero Carbon Roof Designs
Why Permadeck for Zero Carbon Roofs?
A flat roof with Permadeck installed can be a great resource for a Zero or near-Zero
1. Permadeck is BBA certified as a walked-on surface so can readily take the extra
traffic need by RES.
2. Permadeck and Thermadeck are ‘hard’ roofs ie the twin-resin systems are moulded
directly onto their plywood substrate. Permadeck and Thermadeck can, therefore,
carry the reasonable weight of RES equipment without compression or deformation.
3. Permadeck can have pads or bearers moulded onto the surface to secure RES with
storm resistant fixings. This is the same concept as Railing Pads.
4. Permadeck has a certified life expectation exceeding most RE equipment.
5. Permadeck is highly resistant to both impact and abrasion, which makes it ideal
for RES installations.
Renewable Energy Systems on flat roofs
Photo Voltaic - electricity
Solar Panels - hot water
Air Source Heat Pumps - hot water
Each type of RES has its own advantages and disadvantages but Permadeck and Thermadeck
will compliment all installations. We are happy to work with your preferred RES installer
on your Zero Carbon project ensuring that your roof maintains its primary function:
keeping you dry.